DAY 01 ARRIVE PARO
Your escort from Bhutan Lha-Yul Tours & Travels will receive you upon arrival and drive you through the valley of Paro to the hotel. Stroll around the Paro town. Overnight in Le Meredian, Riverfront, Paro
DAY 02 PARO
Drive to the ruins of Drugyel Dzong (fortress). This Dzong is of historical importance, from whose ramparts the Bhutanese repelled Tibetan invaders. On a clear day one can view the sacred mount Jhomolhari (Mountain of Goddess) - 24,000 ft. Visit Ta Dzong, the National museum housed in an ancient watchtower, which has a fine collection of ancient Thangka painting, textiles, weapons and artifacts. See also a traditional wooden bridge. Overnight in Le Meredian, Riverfront, Paro
DAY 03 PARO (EXCURSION TO TAKTSHANG)
Drive to Satsam Chorten and then hike to viewpoint of Taktshang, the Tiger's Nest. This magical monastery clings to a vertical granite cliff 3,000 ft above the valley floor. The monastery was burnt in 1998 but has recently been reconstructed. It is one of the most holy places and all Bhutanese believe that they must visit it at least once in their lifetime. Overnight in Le Meredian, Riverfront, Paro
DAY 04 PARO - THIMPHU
Drive through the beautiful valleys of Paro and Thimphu to the capital of Bhutan - Thimphu. Visit the Memorial Chorten built in memory of His Late Majesty, King Jigme Dorji Wangchuck , the Jushina paper factory and the Handicraft Emporium. Overnight in Le Meredian, Thimphu
DAY 05 THIMPHU – PUNAKHA
Drive through Dochula Pass where one gets one of the most enchanting views in Bhutan. On a clear day, one can get a good view of the Himalayan ranges and see the Gasa Dzong at a distance. The journey continues through varying scenes of greenery all the way to Punakha.
The Punakha Dzong is set on the junction of the two rivers Phochu (male river) and Mochu (female river) and is one of the most spectacular Dzongs in the country. At present this Dzong serves as the winter residence for the Je Khenpo, Chief Abbot of the Central Monastic Body. Visit the Dzong (if the monastic body has shifted to Thimphu for the summer). Overnight in Como Uma, Punakha
DAY 06 PUNAKHA - THIMPHU
Drive back to Thimphu. Sightseeing in Thimphu includes visit to the School of Thanka Painting, the National Library, which holds a vast collection of ancient Buddhist manuscripts and the Institute of Traditional Medicine, where centuries old healing arts are still practiced. Stroll through Thimphu town. Overnight in Le Meredian, Thimphu
DAY 07 THIMPHU - PARO
Visit Kuensel Phodrang where you can see one of the largest Bhuddha statue in the world - 169 feet. From that point you can get a spectacular view of the Thimphu valley. Then visit Zelukha Nunnery. After lunch, drive to Paro. Overnight in Le Meredian, Riverfront, Paro
DAY 08 PARO - DEPARTURE
Early breakfast at hotel and drive to Paro Airport. Your Bhutan Lha-Yul Tours & Travels representative will see you off at the airport.
The best and more convenient way to transfer your Bhutan tour payment is to wire through bank transaction. Bhutan Lhayul Tours & Travels will provide the detail of the bank once you have confirmed your trip.
Remember, when you transfer your tour payment to Bhutan other than USD, it is common that there will be a small shortfall on receipt of the payment. So make sure that your bank work out your currency equivalent of USD amount while sending.
For the latest cost please contact us.
• Rate inclusive of all three meals both local and continental healthy cuisine
• Rate inclusive of all accommodation [five star hotels with double/twin sharing basis]
• Rate inclusive of air-conditioned tourist standard transportation
• Rate inclusive of local tour English-speaking licensed guide on all your sightseeing tours
• Rate inclusive of extensive choices of flexible comprehensive tour itineraries
• Rate inclusive of Bhutan Government Royalty fees of $ 65 per person per nights
• Rate inclusive of all entry fees, museum fees and historical attraction fees
• Rate inclusive of all applicable taxes – BST 10%, Service Charge 10%
• Rate inclusive of one time visa fee of USD 40
• Rate inclusive of airport arrival and departure transfer in Bhutan
• Arrival Refreshment
• One bottle mineral water each a day
• A small farewell gifts on the day of departure
• One time cultural program for group exceeding above 7 members
• One time farewell dinner for group above 7 members at local farmhouse to give an insight into the traditional Bhutanese cuisine
• Rate does not include incoming & outgoing Bhutan airfares and airport taxes
• Rate does not include drinks and alcohols and non- alcoholic beverage
• Rate does not include guides speaking language other than English
• Rate does not include expenses of personal nature like tipping, laundry, potter, telephone/fax calls, camera/video camera fee at monuments, medical expenses, any insurance etc
• Rate does not include extra expenses or loss due to nature and un-foreseen events beyond the control of our management
• Rate does not include any service outside Bhutan
• Rate does not include one time bank transfer charge of USD 45
• Rate does not include tipping to guide, driver etc.
Luxury Hotel & Resort Package
Escape to an oasis and savor a relaxing moments with choices of excellent luxurious accommodation and dining options and superb Bhutanese hospitality wherever you go. We have vast network of selected and preferred style of luxury hotels and resorts for the discerning travelers. Escape and enjoy special treatment the moment you walk through the door and enjoy that extra special touch.
Eco Friendly Deluxe Camping
Experience and immerse yourself in the great outdoors by staying and spending one –two nights with deluxe camping trip soaking deep into the heart of the most breath taking natural scenery with the sights and sounds of nature. Having your own dome tent set-up and relaxing yourself away from the crowded city. With numerous hiking options and exploring village farms, there is simply too many ways you can come close with nature in Bhutan.
Yoga & Meditation
Bhutan in the Himalaya is one of the most remote and secluded kingdom. It offers an ideal environment to enjoy an intoxicating yoga, meditation and other practices for inner wellbeing. As Buddha explained, human problem and suffering arise from confusion and negative states of mind and that can be removed by our positive state of mind. Unwind a daily yoga and meditation retreat and enjoy your Bhutan holiday with maximum day opportunity in exploring the charm of Bhutan.
White River Rafting
The glacier fed fast flowing untamed rivers of Bhutan provides one of a kind of adventure experience for travelers seeking water sports in an unspoiled and unexplored environment. Whether you are looking for easy rafts or large and powerful heave curved-out narrow valley rafts, we can arrange a rafting & kayaking trip for you regardless of age and experiences. Our scenic white river rafting and kayaking water sport are perfect for anyone looking for an ideal challenge for their trip in the pristine natural setting.
Hot Spring Therapy
There are numerous hot spring found in Bhutan and has been used by the Bhutanese people for centuries with a belief that water has miraculous healing power and medicinal properties to cure certain diseases. We see less tourist giving values in discovering the naturally hot spring, though it is common among the local people. Come and admire the natural splendor, dip into the pristine natural hot springs and enjoy the great countryside with scenic and beautiful hiking trails through rich forest with sights and sounds of nature.
Hot Stone Bath and Home Stay Program
Unwind the traditional practice of hot stone bath therapy by spending a night in a typical Bhutanese farmland. It is a ritual in itself and is one of the favorite activities for the local Bhutanese people as a method to overcome various complications and illnesses. Along with hot stone bath an overnight experience of home stay offers an opportunity to experience the complete lifestyle, culture and day-to-day activities of the host family. Visitors will enjoy home-cooked meals and the unparalleled hospitality of a Bhutanese host.