Bhutan is one of the most exclusive travel destinations in the world. It is well known for its pristine environment, rich and vibrant culture and for its unique development philosophy that prioritizes happiness over material development.
The Royal Government of Bhutan adheres strongly to a policy of ‘High Value, Low Impact’ tourism which aims to promote Bhutan as a high-end tourist destination in a manner which accords with the tenets of Gross National Happiness.
The Government’s vision for tourism is ‘to foster a vibrant industry as a positive force in the conservation of environment, promotion of cultural heritage, safeguarding sovereign status of the Nation for significantly contributing to Gross National Happiness.”
The tourism industry in Bhutan is based on the principle of sustainability, meaning that tourism must be environmentally and ecologically friendly, socially and culturally acceptable and economically viable.
INTERNATIONAL TOURISM TARIFF
As per the Tourism Policy enacted by the National Parliament of Bhutan in 2022, all tourists visiting Bhutan are required to a Sustainable Development Fee (SDF) of USD 200 per person per day as tax for the purpose of obtaining the Tourist Visa.
Up and above the SDF, we have listed the costing of the various tour packages along with the respective tour programs.
Our rates include the following:
- Accommodation in 3-star hotels (twin-sharing)
- Land transportation in comfortable vehicle
- All meals as per program
- A licensed English-speaking tour guide
- Camping equipment and haulage for trekking tour
- Internal taxes and charges
What is Not Included:
- Sustainable Development Fee of USD 200 per person per night
- International return airfare
- Internal flight tickets (if availed)
- Mineral water and drinks inside hotels
- Tourist Visa fee (currently US$40)
- Local staff gratuities
- Bank charges
The rates are applicable per tourist per night halt in Bhutan. On the day of departure, the local host obligation is limited to providing breakfast only and any extra requirements shall be payable on usage basis.
Tariff for individual and small groups (FITs)
Individual tourists and smaller groups of less than three persons shall also be subject to a surcharge, as follows:
- Single individual – US$ 40 per night halt
- Group of 2 persons – US$ 30 per person per night halt