This four-day program offers a glimpse of Bhutan’s rich cultural and traditional heritage and spectacular mountainous landscape. The program, which focuses on Paro and Thimphu valleys, will give an insight into Bhutan’s heritage, culture and traditions.
In the singularly unique capital city of Thimphu, you will have the opportunity to see one of the tallest statues of Buddha and to visit the Memorial Chorten. You will also learn more about Bhutanese life, arts and crafts from the visit to the folk museum, the institute of arts and crafts and the institute of traditional medicines. One highlight is the visit to the Trashichho Dzong, the seat of the administrative and religious power in Bhutan and which houses the throne room. In Paro, you can make a hike to the memorable Tiger’s Nest temple which is perched high up in the cliffs, and also visit Drugyel Dzong, a fortress of historical significance.
- Glimpses of Bhutan’s cultural and historical heritage sites such as fortresses, monasteries and temples
- Hike to Taktshang (Tiger’s Nest) monastery – one of Bhutan’s most sacred places
- Visit to Trashichho Dzong and see the beautiful architecture of the fortress
- See how people live and learn about the traditional arts and crafts of Bhutan
- Experience the local culture and taste Bhutanese cuisine