- Glimpses of Bhutan’s cultural and historical heritage sites such as fortresses, monasteries and temples
- Witness the unique masutake festival and join local villagers as they search for mushroom in the forest
- Hike to Taktsang (Tiger’s Nest) monastery – one of Bhutan’s most sacred places
- Visit Trashichho Dzong and Punakha Dzong and see the beautiful architecture of the fortresses
- Visit the beautiful Dochula Pass from where you can get a spectacular view of the Himalayas
- See how people live and learn about the traditional arts and crafts of Bhutan
- Experience the local culture and taste Bhutanese cuisine
- Visit to the Bhutanese farmhouse and enjoy a hot medicinal stone bath
This eight-day tour program offers a glimpse of Bhutan’s rich cultural and traditional heritage and spectacular mountainous landscape. You will see the beautiful valleys of Paro, Thimphu and Punakha. The tour will give an insight into Bhutan’s heritage, culture and traditions. You will have the opportunity to participate in the unique masutake festival and to join the mushroom hunt.
In Thimphu, you will have the opportunity to see one of the tallest statues of Buddha and to visit the Memorial Chorten. You will also learn more about Bhutanese life, arts and crafts from the visit to the folk museum, the institute of arts and crafts and the institute of traditional medicines. One highlight is the visit to the Trashichho Dzong, the seat of the administrative and religious power in Bhutan and which houses the throne room.
In Punakha, the old capital of Bhutan, you can see the Punakha Dzong nestled between two rivers and also make a visit to the sacred Chimi Lhakhang and Khamsum Yulley Monastery.
In Paro, for a memory of a lifetime you can visit the memorable Tiger’s Nest temple which is perched high up in the cliffs, and also visit Drugyel Dzong, a fortress of historical significance.